Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Moving back instead of forward seems to me absurd"

So apparently the constitutional amendment that would prohibit states from recognizing gay marriage just got past the Senate Judiciary. Certainly all my readers know where I stand on the issue of gay rights, sexuality, and basic human dignity, as it has been rather extremely well documented. Ergo, I will spare you all a further rant.

But incidentally, whatever happened to conservatives being all about states rights?

Song lyric of the day:
"Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Choice is made for you my friend
Freedom of speech
Speech is words that they will bend
Freedom no longer frees you"
- Metallica, Eye of the Beholder

5 Comments:

Blogger mkg said...

(in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn)

"States rights are only more important than the authority of the Federal Gubment in issues of bible thumping, not humping."

May 22, 2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger mkg said...

sorry, that was from me (meredith). forgot that my profile doesn't link up anymore.

May 22, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

LOL, I was wondering about that. For a second, I thought I might have a secret admirer or something.

May 22, 2006 10:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Specter voted for the amendment even though he's opposed to it? That don't make no sense (picture John Turturro from "O Brother" saying it).

Also, I love how anti-gay activists describe their legislation as "protecting marriage." From what? From bands of marauding gay people roaming the countryside, seducing husbands and torching marriage licenses?

May 25, 2006 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and a point for Jeff for the "O Brother" quote.

May 25, 2006 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home