Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Define irony...

Reading Leonard Pitts' article from Monday (which I had to search for online, since the Chronicle doesn't print them anymore), I laughed out loud in the middle of the Student Center as I read his retort to the fundamentalist Christians who believe homosexuality can be cured:

"I would remind them of Gary Cooper and Michael Bussee, who in 1976 founded an organization called Exodus. Its stated mission was to grant 'freedom from homosexuality' through the power of Christ. Exodus is still around, but Cooper and Bussee left the group after they fell in love with each other."

If that isn't ironic, I don't know what is, and it's entirely possible I have the wrong definition of the word "irony".

(Read the full article here. It talks about lessons to be learned from the whole Governor McGreevey fiasco, and how they will probably be missed by those who need to learn them.)

Song lyric of the day:
"When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder I can think at all"
-Paul Simon, "Kodachrome"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home