Monday, October 20, 2008

Stat of the week

The Tampa Bay Rays have the 29th largest payroll out of 30 teams in Major League Baseball. That is the lowest payroll ranking for a team that made the World Series.

Go Rays! Let's keep the party going.

Also, as documented before, I am now officially a harbinger of World Series baseball. I imagine Aaron would observe that we've reached "disturbing trend" status here.

"We waste our time when we could be writing everyone"
- the Broken West, Perfect Games

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

I just flipped to your blog, checking for new material. As I did so the D.J. (on The Current, go google it and listen online) said, "Here's Perfect Games by The Broken West" exactly as that part of this post caught my eye. It was kind of eerie.

October 28, 2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

That is rather creepy. But then again, how freaking great is that song? It seems I definitely need to check this Current out...

October 28, 2008 5:05 PM  
Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

Give it like an hour when you do. I know that's a lot to ask, but I can pretty much promise that within an hour you'll be amazed. Less than that, it can, at times, be hit or miss. I recommend listening at work, since the daytime DJs are all pretty awesome.

October 28, 2008 5:44 PM  
Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

Eh, probably less than an hour. Just, you know, give it a fair shot.

October 28, 2008 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home