Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Report on Alberto

Yes, we got pelted by some serious rain yesterday, but there was very little wind. Today, the skies are a beautiful blue and the winds are blowing at extreme speeds of 5 miles an hour.

In short, Alberto is one of the sorriest excuses for a tropical storm I've ever seen. Not that I'm complaining. But loyal readers might remember my earlier experiences with ridiculously overhyped storms.

Song lyric of the day:
"I've been waiting half my life to find the real world
If you find the real world, let me know
But it never rains enough to cool my fever
All it does is rain"
- the Long Winters, Scent of Lime

(Yes, I've used that one before, but it seemed rather applicable here. Plus, it's still my life.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.

June 13, 2006 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just like the women in your life, these storms that you encounter don't blow very well.

June 13, 2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Fortunately, unlike the women in your life, at least they blow at all.

June 13, 2006 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahaha..................so so true






























ass

June 14, 2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Wait, Mike, there are women in your life who blow?

June 14, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

also, Alberto closed half the roads in Raleigh... apparently our city is as unprepared to handle 6" of rain as it is unprepared to handle 1" of snow.

June 14, 2006 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its kinda hard to prepare for rain. Not like you can pick it up and move it like snow.

June 14, 2006 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home