Saturday, March 18, 2006

I have to admit, this is pretty cool

Jeff points out in a comment to my previous post (which actually has nothing to do with the post itself) that apparently some guy posted a link to this blog, under the heading "oh, the freshness of common sense...!" This marks the first time (to my knowledge) that someone I have never directly communicated with has linked to this sad excuse for a blog. This is, in Jeff's words, "officially awesome".

I admit my initial reaction, though, was, "Uh oh, what did I write?" This was immediately followed by, "Honestly, I'm not sure." The list of links is titled, "ATHENS LINKS", so I wondered if I posted anything about the Olympics (which would admittedly be rather out of character). Looking back, it doesn't seem so. In fact, my recent posts have been by and large nonsensical. Hell, two of the last four were about Pearl Jam and "Tiny Toons". So I'm not sure whether the "common sense" descriptor is wholly accurate. Of course, it's entirely possible it's completely sarcastic in nature.

Either way, the pressure's on now. I have to live up to this "common sense" label, which is easier said than done. And I guess I also have to keep this blog fairly relevant and less totally pointless than recent posts.

So coming soon: a follow-up on dildos and more gratuitous use of the phrase "Moo on, chicken boy".

Song lyric of the day:
"Businessmen, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line
Know what any of it is worth"
- Bob Dylan, All Along the Watchtower (more famously played by Jimi Hendrix)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I did a little more searching, and it appears to be composer Peter Breiner's website. Breiner, you might recall, arranged the national anthems for the Athens olympics in '04 and received a ton of crap for it from our far right. He was probably pleased with your "lighten up, everyone" assessment of the issue.

So you got a composer, Danielle had author James Blinn comment on her site... when do I get a minor celebrity to comment on my site, dammit?

March 18, 2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Maybe you should point the guy to the specific blog-post at issue - the one about the anthem.

March 20, 2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me refresh your memory:
http://sein514.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_sein514_archive.html

Remember now? ;-)

April 07, 2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home