Monday, December 19, 2005

Another note to radio stations

In two previous posts, I have made pleas to radio stations to not needlessly edit songs and to stop constantly playing songs that were megahits 10 years ago but have since been ridiculously overplayed. For the latter case, I specified that it's not that I never want to hear those songs, but merely that they should probably be played with less frequency.

Now, thanks to my radio experiences this afternoon while shopping, I would like to specify some songs that I truly never want to hear on the radio. Hopefully someone out there is paying attention:


  • Meredith Brooks, Bitch - ooh, look, she said the b-word! How edgy! I know you say he wouldn't want it any other way, Mer, but if he wasn't sick of you being a bitch by now, I guarantee he is sick of this damn song.
  • Alanis Morissette, Crazy - in this category, I would also like to include Faith Hill's Cry, Melissa Etheridge's Breathe. These songs were done better the first time, by Seal, Angie Aparo, and Greenwheel, respectively. Play those versions, rather than giving heed to these artists trying to keep making it off the brilliant compositions of others.
  • Sheryl Crow, Good is Good - does anyone else want to scream "lightning comes before thunder!" every time they hear this song. Really, Soak Up the Sun is also fairly annoying.
  • Staind, Right Here - Richard Marx, anyone? If you simply replace this song with the much better follow-up single Falling whenever you want to play it, I'll be satisfied.
  • Anything by the Beastie Boys - okay, I will allow Girls and Fight For Your Right on rare occasions. But in general, no, the Boys are banned.


As always, I'm sure there's plenty I missed. Additions are welcome.

Song lyric of the day:
"If music is my lover
You are just a tease"
- Rogue Wave, Kicking the Heart Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home