Thursday, November 10, 2005

Since 10 November 1775...

This morning I was woken up by a hamster singing the Marine Corps hymn. If I could find a way to transmit it over this blog, I would.

230 years ago today, the United States Marine Corps was born. Today, the few and the proud still fight for our freedoms and lay down their lives so that we can enjoy ours.

On this, the birthday of the Marines, I would ask everyone to take a moment to reflect on the brave men and women (entirely too many) who have fought and died protecting the ideals of freedom and justice. God bless them, God bless America, and God bless the whole world.

And answer my question so we can get them a decent commander-in-chief for a change :)

Quote of the day:
"It is well that war is terrible. We should grow too fond of it."
- General Robert E. Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home