Thursday, March 05, 2009

"Hey! Don't come around here no more..."

You have no idea how immensely glad I am to see the Washington Redskins on this list. Knowing owner Daniel Snyder's propensity to throw money at all the wrong places, I was afraid we'd be first in line for T.O. once he became available. Sometimes I love being wrong. Given how T.O., despite his immense on-field talents, has proven to be a plague to just about every team he's ever joined, I'm not entirely sure who would want him.

(Incidentally, though we overpaid for him, I'm still pleased that Albert Haynesworth will be shredding the grounds at the Fed this year -- he may not be $100 million formidable, but he's still pretty damn formidable.)

"I cherish with fondness the day before I met you"
- Los Campesinos!, My Year in Lists

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, having T.O. and Clinton Portis on the same team would be a complete disaster, especially with a weak coach like Zorn. I'm glad we're on that list too.

I can only think of two places Owens would succeed that aren't on that list - New England and Indianapolis. The former because Belichick would kick the shit out of him if he didn't fall in line, and the latter because he has to know that he can't throw Manning under the bus under any circumstances and retain any credibility.

March 06, 2009 1:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hmmm, T.O. and Randy Moss on the same team, with Tom Brady throwing to them? Sounds like either a recipe for offensive records that will never be broken, or a massive ego clusterfuck.

March 06, 2009 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home