Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Gimmee some salt, gimmee some salt, gimmee gimmee gimmee..."

When I first saw this article about "Christian salt", my first thought was that it must come from Lot's wife. Just thought I would share that with y'all. (Seriously, are there people who don't think that when they hear the phrase "Christian salt"?)

(H/T: Jacob)

Update: I swear I posted this before FARK made the same joke.

Literature quote of the day:
"And Lot's wife, of course, was told not to look back where all those people and their homes had been. But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human.
      So she was turned to a pillar of salt. So it goes."
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

I dunno, Lot's wife... that's Old Testament... wouldn't that be Jewish Salt? Or Chosen Salt?

March 04, 2009 11:02 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

True, I guess kosher salt would also have to be culled from Lot's wife. Which, if there's still salt on that pillar at this point, must mean there was a lot of Lot's wife.

March 04, 2009 12:50 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I wonder where they're keeping Lot's wife. And for all the kosher salt sold these days, plus the number of units the Christian salt guy is planning on using, Lot's wife must have been one hefty woman.

Anyway, this entire concept is one big epic fail.

March 05, 2009 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home