Friday, October 03, 2008

Brief thoughts on the debate

In my opinion, Joe Biden won the debate pretty handily, sounding knowledgeable and confident (though I cringed when he referred to Article I of the Constitution discussing the executive branch - I hope and pray that was just a slip of the tongue). However, I thought Sarah Palin acquitted herself quite well, especially in the wake of horrendous television interviews. She reverted to talking points rather than answering questions entirely too often (but then, who doesn't?), but overall, she made herself appear at least vaguely competent, and in that sense may have won the expectations game, which is probably more important.

Still, I freely acknowledge how funny it is that I watched the Vice Presidential Debate while the first Presidential Debate is still sitting unviewed on my DVR. (I hope to get to it before debate number two.) Oh well, maybe now that this is over, we can back to focusing on the important half of the party tickets.

"I'm Mr. November, I won't fuck us over"
- the National, Mr. November

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home