Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A momentous occasion

In the "things that happen about as often as cicadas emerge" department, he who calls himself "Other White Meat" (and several variations) has actually updated his blog. I for one was amazed the damn thing still exists. Oh, and don't listen to him at the end: he's not sorry at all. No word on when updates are coming from Ploeger or Ortiz.

In unrelated news, I'm currently listening to Joe Cocker's version of the Band's The Weight. It's excellent, but it does beg the question: does Joe Cocker actually have any songs of his own?

On that same subject, if I were to augment Crash Davis's fantastic "I believe" speech from Bull Durham, I would add, "I believe that her name is, in fact, Annie, and not Fanny as most lyrics sites would have it."

And that's all I have to say about that.

"How does preparation for the week require the entire weekend?
The next time you say to me,
'This week's just a day too long'
Well, your days are getting shorter"
- Karate, Pines

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that it was time. It was just time.

August 20, 2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Funny that you referenced Bull Durham in order to make the Annie point...

Now I have to listen to the song again. You can really only tell from the fifth verse, since it's the only time the name is mentioned without being preceded by a word that ends in "f"...

August 21, 2008 12:01 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I didn't think about the Annie thing with respect to Bull Durham, but that's awesome.

So do you think it's "Annie" or "Fanny"?

August 22, 2008 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home