Thursday, August 28, 2008

Best "well duh" headline in a long time

From CNN.com:

"Obama expected to address change in speech"

Oh really? The man whose slogan is "Change we can believe in" is going to talk about change? Thanks for the heads up.

And real quick, I'm intrigued by the ad that John McCain supposedly intends to run tonight, congratulating Obama on his nomination. The cynic in me immediately starting analyzing the political motivations behind this, before the very small remaining part of me told the cynic to shut up and respect the fact that, however briefly, McCain is returning to his promise of a relatively clean campaign.

Also, both candidates will sharply increase the federal debt. Just in case you didn't already know that. :(

In spite of that, remember, McCain is OK. (Hat tip: Banecker.) (Supposedly there's an Obama equivalent, but amazingly, I don't feel particularly inclined to seek it out.)

"You want me to to bring you to something new
This smile is all I have to offer you"
- Girls in Hawaii, Short Song for a Short Mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home