Friday, July 11, 2008

A one-hit wonder and a desperate housewife

Jeff (along with me in the comments section) has already ranted sufficiently about the ridiculousness of some of the selections to this year's All-Star teams. Now, with fan voting for the final All-Star slots finished, we have Corey Hart of the Brewers for the National League and Evan Longoria of the Rays (yay) for the American League.

Two solid selections to round out this year's lineups, and it's hard for me to disagree that both of these guys deserve an appearance in the All-Star game. Still, I can't help but wonder if most fans were humming "Sunglasses at Night" and picturing a hot Latina as they cast their votes. I guess we'll never know.

Seriously, please tell me I'm not the only one for whom that's the first thought that occurred to him.

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can"

6 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

On the Evan Longoria thing....you and the entire male population of the United States was thinking that.

As far as "Sunglasses at Night"....no, I'm sorry to say you were the only one.

July 13, 2008 12:23 AM  
Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

I disagree Ben. Eva scares the crap out of me, Evan only scares the crap out of me when he's batting against the Twins. Two very different people.

I'd also like to take this chance to compliment your recent song selection. Great quotes from Rilo Kiley, BNL, and classic 80's. Bravo.

July 14, 2008 3:38 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks Matt, though for the BNL and not-sure-I'd-call-it "classic" 80's refs, I went with the obvious song quote for the topic. As for Rilo Kiley, I have Pandora to thank.

July 14, 2008 8:59 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Matt,

Why, exactly, does Eva Longoria scare you?

July 15, 2008 11:55 AM  
Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

Ever see that episode of South Park with the succubus. That's why.

July 16, 2008 5:39 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Funny trivia from a couple of Wikipedia clicks - "Sunglasses at Night" was originally written about a dictatorship that made people wear sunglasses all the time, but the record company made Hart change the lyrics. Weird.

July 21, 2008 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home