Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Return to primaries

Hillary Clinton won the Pennsylvania primary yesterday by a ten-percent margin.

Yawn.

Okay, I predicted eight percent, but primarily just to be different. Hehe, get it? Primarily? I kill me.

"Tide is turning" my ass. Things are exactly the same as they were based on polls from a month ago. Yippee ki-yay. Dance a jig, Hillary. You were the fourth best Democratic candidate five months ago (behind Barack Obama, Bill Richardson, and Joe Biden) and you managed to still be around. Over six weeks, you changed the minds of a slight majority of the 1% of votes that hadn't made up their minds six weeks ago. Want a cookie?

Here's how I'm predicting this whole thing plays out at the moment: by June, enough superdelegates have decided to end this fiasco and handed Obama the narrow victory. He chooses Bill Richardson as his running mate, thus securing New Mexico; McCain goes with Governor Charlie Crist, thus securing Florida. McCain subsequently coasts to the White House with 52-54% of the vote but only stays for one term. Senator Clinton gets a little revenge by attempting to capitalize on the "buyer's remorse" of the Democratic voters and easily secures the 2012 nomination. To promptly get annihilated 60-40 by whoever the new Republican nominee is. (Of course, we all know how well my predictions generally turn out.)

Oh well, it doesn't matter to me. Based on recent enlightening information from Zhubin, I think I'm officially voting third party. By which I mean anybody who has never been associated with WWE Raw.

Song lyric of the day:
"Knowing if she'll just admit one revealing detail
She can't hide her state of mind behind
She sits down
No one knows the world is upside-down
Watches how it spins around"
- Yo La Tengo, Upside-Down

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 25, 2008 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home