Friday, April 11, 2008

Insomniacs rejoice...

...for Coldplay is coming to the rescue!

Honestly, the aspect of the findings that surprise me is not that Coldplay is the number one band to fall asleep to, but rather that Take That is not only still around, but that enough people (in Britain at least) know/remember who Take That is/was for them to place in the Top Five of this poll.

Random question to my readership (and answer before reading the Song Lyric of the Day, which will likely jog your memory): have any of you actually heard of Take That?

(Hat tip to Pitchfork for the Coldplay article.)

Song lyric of the day:
"Got a fist of pure emotion
Got a head of shattered dreams
Gotta leave it, gotta leave it all behind now
Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good"
- Take That, Back For Good

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, the guy who did "Millenium" (one of my favorite pop songs) was in that group, right?

And yes, I knew that before reading the lyrics.

Sad to say, I have no idea what's currently popular in rock or pop. I feel myself fading into obscurity.

April 15, 2008 3:08 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Robbie Williams? Really?

April 16, 2008 11:36 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, I didn't know that either. I literally knew them for the one song I quoted that I remember hearing a fair amount at some point in the 1990s. I guess that goes a little farther toward explaining why people actually know who they are.

April 16, 2008 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home