Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mitchell Report today

So the Mitchell Report is due out today, and sources are claiming a lot of players may be implicated. I have serious doubts as to whether I will be surprised by any of the report's findings, as I have long since resigned myself to baseball world filled with rampant cheating after a long period of denial. I'm sure the name Barry Bonds will pop up. Reports are saying Roger Clemens appears too; again, no shock. It's tough to think of a player, short of someone like Cal Ripken (who will definitely not be named), that would really give me pause.

Still, I'm not sure how I or the rest of the country will react. What I do know is that this is both a dark day for the game of baseball, as well as a renaissance. Perhaps Major League Baseball will soon emulate the NFL's not-quite-zero-but-infinitesimally-small tolerance policy. Eventually I hope the game will regain its integrity, but I'm more apt to believe we may have to relegate much of its greatness to bygone days of yore.

Reactions to follow after the report...

Song lyric of the day:
"Clearly this is your loss
Clearly it's not my loss
Clearly it's just bad luck
Clearly it doesn't mean a thing"
- Archers of Loaf, Plumbline

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home