Friday, October 12, 2007

Vanderbilt == World's Most Peaceful University?

Apparently so. Because now, for two straight years, a Vanderbilt alumnus has won the Nobel Peace Prize. Last year, it was economist Mohammed Yunus, who developed the concept of microloans. This year, it's former Vice President, President-half-elect, sort of Academy Award winner Al Gore.

Maybe this is why we haven't had an above-500 football team for 25 years: we're just too peaceful. Well, Dores, I think we've made our point about peace. Now let's sic them Bulldogs tomorrow!

Song lyric of the day:
"I try not to wonder or tell you that I'm not willing to wait
'Cause deep in my heart I'm willing, heart's still willing
Brain's impatient, my heart's still willing to wait"
- Yo La Tengo, Did I Tell You

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

The question is: how much greenhouse gas will Gore emit while traveling to Oslo to accept the prize?

October 12, 2007 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home