Thursday, October 18, 2007

Proof of irrelevance

Does anyone else think that the mere fact that the President of the United States has to point out his relevance just goes to prove the exact opposite?

I'll admit the Democrats have indeed accomplished remarkably little during their first year in Congress. But can the same not be said of the Republican Congress that preceded them? Really, beyond the gross expansion of executive powers, I can't really recall Congress having done much of anything useful in the last 6 years. The Supreme Court, on the other hand... (not that I expect this one to last with a conservative court, but still, it's something).

On an unrelated note, I finally have a presidential candidate I can get behind. Now I just have to move to South Carolina...

Song lyric of the day:
"Raised in Carolina, she says I'm not like that
Trying to remind her when we go back
I say the right things but act the wrong way
I try but you see, it's hard to explain"
- the Strokes, Hard to Explain

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

Wow. That would almost make it worth it to move to South Carolina.

As for the death penalty thing: don't forget that both Alito and Roberts are "good" Catholics. We Catholics are generally anti-death penalty, so I'm hoping at least one of them will be too. In which case, maybe this would be a more permanent thing!

October 18, 2007 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home