Sunday, October 07, 2007

Offering up my services

Notice to Major League Baseball teams: I am offering up my services to predict your team to lose.

Why? Because apparently every prediction I ever make goes completely horribly awry.

The D-Backs will take one of two before getting swept in Chicago? Hmmm, D-Backs win in three. Phillies in four? Hell, I'm not even sure the Phils showed up. "I'd like the Indians to beat the Yankees but it ain't gonna happen"? Indians are up two and the Yankees have looked downright pathetic.

So now, to all teams still in the playoffs, I suggest that it may behoove you to hire me to predict you to lose. My fees are small; I'm willing to accept as little as $10,000 for the LCS only, plus $20,000 for the World Series. This is a limited time offer. Call now.

"But Mike, your Red Sox prediction, while the least definitive among your guesses, has shown to be largely accurate so far."

Well, yeah, okay, but who didn't see that one coming?

Song lyric of the day:
"You've got it all wrong
You can't get it right"
- Archers of Loaf, Wrong

1 Comments:

Blogger Keeper said...

Are you into online musical collaborations?

February 02, 2008 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home