Monday, June 18, 2007

Correcting a gross oversight

So, I just realized about a minute ago that there is an exceedingly important topic that has been woefully underdiscussed - nay, dare I say, neglected - on this blog. And that topic, of course, is Chex Mix. This oversight must be remedied immediately.

Now, as at least one reader can attest, I am well qualified to discuss the subtleties, nuances, and redundancies of Chex Mix. Ergo, to my readership, I posit the following opinions concerning this subject:


  1. Pretzels are monstrously overused, and said overuse is to the detriment of an overall mix.
  2. Contrariwise, the brown chip thingies utterly rock, and pretzels of all shapes pale in comparison to such rockage. In spite of this, their overuse would likewise be detrimental.
  3. Flavored Chex Mix (e.g. the cheddar cheese variety) is tantamount to blasphemy.
  4. The brown (wheat) Chex are vastly superior to the others; however, each flavor needs to exist in equitable amounts to truly make for the perfect batch of Chex Mix.


Please feel free to discuss openly. However, as I know this is a sensitive topic, I ask my readership to avoid name-calling and swearing. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Song lyric of the day:
"We’ll stay inside 'til somebody finds us
And do whatever the TV tells us"
- the National, Apartment Story

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I'd swear, but this is a government computer. It probably reflects poorly enough on me that I'm reading your blog. :P

Being a man who cannot pass up an opportunity to give his opinion, I must say you must have been scarred in childhood by some horrible pretzel incident (which makes for a great band name). There's no other logical explanation for your irrational hatred of glorious pretzels. What is wrong with you, man? They totally kick the brown thingies from here to the moon.

Otherwise, your comments about the equitable mix of Chex Mix and the evil of extra flavoring are entirely sage and correct. A veritable treasure of wisdom.

June 18, 2007 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home