Friday, March 16, 2007

Vanderbilt 77, George Washington 44

When I was 12 and 13, I used to go to GW basketball games with my friends on occasion, so I admit my loyalties were slightly torn in this game. But only slightly - I still wanted a Vanderbilt victory, but I hoped for a close game and some serious competition from the Colonials. Obviously, that didn't happen. Now I'm just hoping the Dores didn't blow their wad in game one.

Also, with apologies to Billy Gates, I can't say I'm disappointed with this outcome. Given my general, mostly unexplained dislike of the Blue Devils, it's almost amazing to think I almost went there instead of Vandy.

Oh well. My bracket is totally hosed, but it's shaping up to be yet another exciting March Madness that I may watch 15 total minutes of.

Song lyric of the day (in honor of St. Patrick's Day):
"Now I'm aiming for heaven, but probably wind up down in hell
Where upon this altar I will hang my guilt-ridden head
But it's time I'll take before I begin
Three sheets to the wind, three sheets to the wind"
- Flogging Molly, Rebels of the Sacred Heart

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Excellent song lyric of the day. Remember you need not watch March Madness for you have annoying friends who'll do that for you.

Lastly given your disdain for Notre Dame you'll enjoy this... Winthrop 74 Notre Dame 64

March 16, 2007 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home