Sunday, January 28, 2007

Top 15 Radio Singles of 2006

Okay, so my last two entertainment-related posts were models of ridiculous long-windedness. Indeed, I fear that if brevity truly is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes, I may be the least witty and most outwardly flourishing human being ever. Er, anyway, this time around I have decided to forgo unnecessary commentary in favor of a simple list. The following are my personal choices for the top 15 radio singles of the year. Feel free to tell me I'm a moron for my inclusions or omissions:


  • A.F.I., Love Like Winter
  • Army of Anyone, Goodbye
  • Breaking Benjamin, The Diary of Jane
  • Disturbed, Land of Confusion
  • Flyleaf, Fully Alive
  • Godsmack, Shine Down
  • Incubus, Anna Molly
  • The Killers, When You Were Young
  • Pearl Jam, Worldwide Suicide
  • Plain White T's, Hate (I Really Don't Like You)
  • The Raconteurs, Steady, As She Goes
  • Rock Kills Kid, Paralyzed
  • Shinedown, I Dare You
  • Shiny Toy Guns, Le Disco
  • Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars


(Singles were chosen based on a combination of meaningfulness, sheer fun, and tendency to get stuck in my head. Note that being more recent, and thus not having suffered from overplay, was a definite plus.)

Song lyric of the day:
"It's like I'm perched on the handle bars
Of a blind man's bike
No straws to grab, just the rushing wind
On the rolling mind"
- the Shins, Split Needles

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Nice list. As a slightly biased person, I'm pleased to see Flyleaf make an appearance. A few surprises as always are present. Rather than go through some verbose rant here, I may just steal the topic since I am presently incapable of original thought.

January 29, 2007 8:23 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

I can't get the riff for Anna Molly out of my head....ever!

January 31, 2007 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home