Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Um...

Aaron told me about this yesterday, and though my search for sources was mostly unfruitful, apparently it is true: in Michigan, a man can now go to jail for leaving a pregnant significant other.

The title of this post really sums that one up, so I'll reiterate: "Um..."

Do I really need to comment further on the stupidity of this?

The best part is there's no way to vote against this bill. If you do, you're anti-family values and pro-coercive abortion. Brilliant!

Song lyric of the day:
"One way or another
I just wish I had known
To go out walking in the sun
To find out if you were the one"
- Counting Crows, All My Friends

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, I read about this too... pretty insane. But there seems to be enough play in this law that a decent lawyer could get pretty much anyone off this charge - it's tough to prove that a man leaving his pregnant wife/girlfriend is doing so in order to encourage her to get an abortion, and if the couple had been having any sort of disagreement over anything else (as couples do), reasonable doubt could easily be sown.

But it's still a ridiculous law.

December 06, 2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home