Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry belated Christmas to all!

Of course, as I pointed out to Ben yesterday, historians have never been able to accurately pinpoint the precise date of the birth of Jesus Christ. Most of the non-religious aspects of the holiday now celebrated as Christmas (the tree, the yule logs, etc.) have their roots in the pagan winter festivals of yore.

It is for this reason that I have never (and will never) stop saying "Merry Christmas" to everybody, regardless of religion or creed. For those who do not observe the date as the birth of their Lord and Savior, I am merely wishing that they have a happy December 25. And so now, after the fact, I am wishing belatedly that you all had a good 25th day of the former tenth (current twelfth) month of the calendar. And really, I guess I extend the wish to the other 364 days as well (365 on leap years). I'm sure cool people were born on all those days.

Song lyric of the day:
"And I'd love to see it but it's something you just feel
And I'd like to feel it but it just isn't real
And God is whoever you're performing for
Why can't you empathize with Jesus' point of view?
What are you gonna do?"
- Built to Spill, Untrustable/Pt. 2 (About Someone Else)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Well said and Merry belated Christmas to you as well. There may need to be a post-gifting music exchange at some point soon.

December 27, 2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home