Thursday, August 24, 2006

Upcoming music

Borrowing (stealing?) from the illustrious Mr. Coyner, I have added another section to the sidebar called, "What I Will Be Listening To". This contains a list of CDs that are coming out in the near future that I intend to explore further.

The list's purpose is twofold: first, it serves to inform my loyal readership of upcoming music they might not otherwise be aware of; second, it serves as a reminder to myself. Granted, this requires a little white lie (on All Consuming, I have to mark that I am consuming these CDs, which is not, technically speaking, true), but hopefully I can be forgiven for that. Besides, it gives me the excuse to write utterly irrelevant posts such as this one while I search (and will these fruitless searches have a resolution?) for more meaningful things to say.

Today's song lyric is dedicated to the former planet Pluto, which astronomers have declared is now merely a big rock floating in space. (This also marks the only time I will ever quote 2 Skinnee J's, as my experience with them is limited to the time they opened for Cowboy Mouth at Vanderbilt.)

Song lyric of the day:
"Do it for the children
If not for yourselves
Pluto is a planet"
- 2 Skinnee J's, Pluto!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Staying on topic for once, you may wish to check the "discography" blog on the C-Spine Myspace for some interesting new music info.

August 29, 2006 3:17 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Do my eyes deceive me, or would that be new Caroline's Spine in '07?

August 29, 2006 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home