Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm retiring

I just wanted everybody to know that I'm retiring from the workforce. It's been a pleasant half-year or so since I graduated with my master's degree, and I'm grateful for the time I've had and pleased with the work I've accomplished.

But yesterday I received a wake-up call, in the form of an application for membership from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Obviously, if they think I'm of the correct age to retire, they must be right.

So many benefits! So many opportunities available for the over-50 crowd!

(Um, Mike, you're only 25.)

Shut up brain, this doesn't concern you. You're probably going senile with old age anyway.

But anyway, as I said, I'm retiring, paying the $21 two-year membership fee, and bringing down America's most powerful political lobby from the inside. I hope you will all wish me luck in this endeavor.

Song lyric of the day:
"Its really no problem, you see
When the sky ignites and your days crash quietly
Let this one fly
Off on a merry way"
- Grandaddy, Lost on Yer Merry Way

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're lucky Ben is about to be a lawyer. I can't wait to see the mug shot :-)

August 03, 2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Dammit, OWM! I was gonna egg Mike on because the AARP annoys me. But then you have to go and remind me that I've got professional responsibilities and shit.

August 04, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Christy says you must have gotten this letter because you live in Florida and therefore must be a retiree.

August 04, 2006 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

then my work here is done

August 05, 2006 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the unfinished Rice webpage still Under Construction?

August 06, 2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Well, if they're anything like TJ, they'll keep my account active for four years, so it'll still be there.

August 06, 2006 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home