Thursday, August 10, 2006

I must have misread this license plate

I'm pretty sure, and yet I seriously doubt, that the license plate on one car in front of me said, "Commit Wounded Veterans". Which has me a tad confused as to a) how anyone would have the gall to put something like that on their license plate, and b) how anyone who has that on their license plate is still alive, especially considering that they also tend to drive 5 mph below the speed limit.

Oh well. I'm sure I misread it. Still, it's always nice to have a moment of surreality to start the day.

Today's song lyric is dedicated to Ben, who will soon become the second of our merry group to surrender his bachelorhood, in the city where we toiled to reach these heights that now afford us such an amazing view, discovered parts of ourselves we never knew were there, sought love, lost it, and (with one notable exception) found it again:

"Underneath it all, you yourself are free
Forevermore is the love that you need to believe
And you yourself are there
Floating high above the Nashville skyline"
- Dishwalla, Nashville Skyline

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

I don't have time to make a blog post, but I figured I'd send you a comment to sate your thirst for Ben-blogifications.

We've been having a blast. Today, we went out on a sit-down jet ski. Yesterday we went to a water-park. Other stuff hass happened.

Of most usefulness to you is the fact that we saw the movie Brick. It is absolutely awesome. Not at all gimmicky, it is the perfect tribute to film noir...in a high school setting. To increase your enjoyment of Brick, I also recommend you see (before or after) The Maltese Falcon, Out of the Past, and The Big Sleep.

August 17, 2006 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home