Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Thanks, bro, but um, shut up, you're ruining my chances"

Jeb Bush has repeatedly denied that he's seeking the presidency. Still, that's not an uncommon thing for politicians to do initially, before "changing their minds", by which I mean it was their intent all along but they didn't want to call attention to it.

Regardless, if my state's governor actually is secretly mulling a run, this can't possibly help.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for siblings sticking together. But I think if I wanted to run for president, the last thing I would want is an endorsement from a current president whose approval rating is 31%. I'd be like, "C'mon, man, if you're really looking out for me, tell them I would make a horrible president in your opinion and that I'd be nothing like you." And then, of course, I'd give him an Indian burn that would be the stuff of legend. Or perhaps a simple noogie would suffice.

Song lyric of the day:
"Frozen in the place I hide
Not afraid to paint my sky with
Some who say I've lost my mind
Brother try and hope to find"
- Alice in Chains, Brother

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

"an Indian burn that would be the stuff of legend." Haha!

May 10, 2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home