Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bush on immigration

Don't really have much to say about this. But out of curiosity, did anyone think Dubya almost approached rationality on occasion during his address last night?

Of course, on a related note, I have a poll for my loyal readers: Which of the following statements Bush made last night was the most hypocritical?


  1. "We are a nation of laws, and we must enforce our laws."
  2. "We need to hold businesses accountable."
  3. "We cannot build a unified country by inciting people to anger, or playing on anyone's fears."


Song lyric of the day:
"I have been floated to this thought this hour
On a series of events I cannot explain"
- Olivia Tremor Control, I Have Been Floated

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. All of the above

May 16, 2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

My vote goes toward number 1.

But, yes, he seemed pretty rational to me last night. I come to that conclusion after reading 19 pages (in Word pages) of New York Times analysis, including the Times editorial that totally blasts him. Go fig.

May 16, 2006 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home