Friday, April 21, 2006

Totally out of touch with reality

Now, I'm not a huge fan of bureaucracies in general, but this really pisses me off. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the FDA is totally out of touch with reality. It's just a stupid statement, and all it says is, "Hey, we're totally out of touch with reality."

I so wanna rip the FDA a new one. Actually, I'd rather they just spend an hour in a cancer ward, and then look me straight in the eye and tell me that the possibility of a few more teenagers who are already going nowhere in life getting high isn't worth it to alleviate even an ounce of that suffering.

Souder's comment is equally moronic. Have you seen what other pain-killers (morphine a.k.a. heroin-lite, dilaudid, etc.) do? The same goddamn thing.

Get off your high horses, you idiots. Legalize medical marijuana.

(Can you tell this struck a nerve? :-P)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Fark points out that the FDA chose 4/20 to issue that steaming pile of horseshit.

Yet another case of the subordination of good science to bad policy... sigh...

April 21, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Haha, I hadn't even caught that. That changes the announcement from infuriating to oddly hilarious.

April 21, 2006 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home