Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Good mood music (not good "mood music" but "good mood" music)

I'm driving to work today, flipping through stations, and the classic rock station finishes up Skynyrd's Simple Man, one of my favorite songs of all time. Then, it launches right into Zeppelin's Fool in the Rain, a song which wouldn't crack my top 100. But I love them both.

This is what's so great about music. There are some songs, such as the former, that hold deep personal meaning and absorb you. But then there are others, such as the latter, that just always put you in a good mood no matter what. Another example of this phenomenon that springs readily to mind is the Stone's Beast of Burden. There's just a certain je ne sais quoi about these songs that make me just wanna groove and sing like an idiot.

Of course, maybe it's just me. Does anyone else have songs like that?

Song lyric of the day:
"Your song can carry me
Through endless weeks of rain
And onto sweeter things
And it's alright"
- Candlebox, It's Alright

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sundays would have to top my list for "good mood" music. One of my friends described them recently as being like champagne: bubbly and complex. Seems apt to me.

A lot of songs from BNL and the Corrs make the list, especially BNL's Stunt album and the Corrs' Live in Dublin. Paul Simon's Rhythym of the Saints album would be another. Quite a few songs from the Proclaimers and, from Alanis, the live version of Head Over Feet.

Oddly, Paul Simon is the only American on the list, and I picked his South American album. Weird.

March 02, 2006 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Britney Spears all the way.

March 02, 2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home