Thursday, January 12, 2006

I know where I will be on September 2, 2006

Well, okay, that's something of a lie. Technically, I'm not even sure what city I'll be in, or whether I'll be in a bar or at home or what. But what I do know is, I will be watching the Vanderbilt Commodores football team square off against the Wolverines of Michigan.

According to a news item on the Dores' web site, Vandy will vie for an opening game victory against the boys from Ann Arbor in a sure-to-be-classic showdown. It will be televised nationally on ESPN, the first time the Dores will have made an appearance on that network since that horrific loss to Kentucky in 1999 that eliminated us from bowl eligibility. (I remember it well, as I had to leave during halftime to construct sets for "WASP", only to finish early and sprint over to the TV lounge in Vandy-Barnard along with Zhubin and the rest of the cast to watch them lose in heartbreaking fashion.)

Perhaps you too, loyal reader, will be tuned into the network that, in spite of its devotion to sports, inexplicably still covers horse races and Nascar, to watch Vanderbilt embark down a new path of football excellence. Hey, don't stifle that laughter. I'm serious!

Song lyric of the day:
"First there was God
Then came the monkey
Then came the robot
And on and on, amen"
- the Apparitions, God Monkey Robot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home