Sunday, January 22, 2006

Brief shoutout to Google

I just wanted to take a moment to offer my kudos to Google, the lone subpoenaed website to refuse to turn over their records of what users have searched for using their engine. This stance against such a blatant invasion of privacy is a model for other search sites, such as Yahoo!, MSN and AOL, who apparently relinquished their records without so much as a fight. In support of their recognition of the 4th Amendment (let's face it, even if the Constitution doesn't guarantee a right to privacy, this is illegal search and seizure), I will be using Google exclusively from now on. I encourage all those who embrace basic Constitutional rights to do the same.

Quote of the day:
"I would destroy any nation, even my own, if my president gave the order."
- Rip Torn, Canadian Bacon

(Sadly an accurate depiction of the mentality of many Americans these days.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home