Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trying to get back to this daily thing

I really want to keep this blog as close to daily as I can, even if it's at the expense of writing anything useful. So most of my posts from here on out will consist of random thoughts, with an occasional post that had some kind of thought put into it when I have the time and inclination.

First, kudos to the Astros for extending Phil Garner's contract. It's pretty hard to deny that Garner has been a fairly major part of two great Astros seasons in a row. With potentially a lot of turnover this offseason (the doubtful futures of Roger Clemens and Jeff Bagwell spring readily to mind) it's a good idea to provide some stability.

And while we're on the subject of kudos, unkudos (or whatever is the opposite of kudos) to the United Methodist Church, who defrocked a lesbian minister yesterday. As many of you may know, I was a member of this church back when I was a) denominational and b) Christian, and as such, this bothers me deeply. The Baptists I could understand, but I always regarded the Methodist church as being reasonable and open. So much for that.

Finally, The Onion offers its explanation of how Sammy Scalito got his Supreme Court nomination.

Well, that's all for now. I should return tomorrow.

Song lyric of the day:
"In your eyes I see a darkness that torments you
And in your head where it dwells
I'd give you my hand if you'd reach out and grab it
Let's walk away from this hell"
- Juliana Theory, Into the Dark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home