Monday, November 07, 2005

An open question...

Most of my recent posts have been absurdly long, so for today, I have very little to say. In fact, all I want to do is pose a single question to my readership, and encourage them to ask it of others, and so on, until we come up with an answer. This question was initially posed to me by my mother; I myself have been mulling it over for a day without coming up with an answer. So I relay it to the rest of you:

Can you name a single person who is fit to by God lead this country in 2008?

Oh sure, there are the issues of electability and so forth, but I want to ignore those and get to the crux of the matter. Who should assume the presidency? Who should be guiding this country as I enter my 30th year?

As Tom Robbins once wrote, "Answer me that and I will ease your mind about the beginning and end of time."

(Granted, Robbins was referring to the far more important topic of love, but the quote popped into my head, so I figured what the hell.)

Song lyric of the day:
"When I stop the search
The answers always come
And when I help someone
I always help myself by helping"
- Goldfinger, Answers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home