Monday, August 29, 2005

Teenage girls, rejoice!

I have some very exciting news (source: Movies.com): the Titanic special edition DVD will be unveiled September 20! Among other things, it will have almost 30 deleted scenes, including one in which Leo returns from the grave to smack old Rose for tossing a priceless artifact into the ocean. There will also be an alternate ending. Hey, maybe the boat won't sink this time!

Seriously, this movie is a relic from the year the Academy decided to go totally mainstream. I mean, here's a short list of films in 1997 that probably deserved best picture rather than Titanic: L.A. Confidential (which should have won), As Good as it Gets, Wag the Dog, Good Will Hunting, Amistad, Boogie Nights, and surely many more. Shoot, even Men in Black had better writing. Not that it deserved no awards at all, but best picture? Sheesh.

I think I've had that stored up in me for 8 years. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. I promise, from now on I'll try and keep useless rants to a minimum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home