Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A note to the rest of the world

Well folks, it seems our dear old friend Pat Robertson, the televangelist with the heart of gold (gold being cold, hard, and utterly devoid of compassion), has once again opened his mouth and inserted his foot in calling for the assassination of Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez. When I read Aaron's blog entry yesterday, I chortled (yes, not merely laughed, but chortled) in the middle of a quiet library.

However, this morning it occurred to me that not everyone understands how laughable people like Robertson and the illustrious Jerry Falwell are to 95% of America. In particular, because of their blatant partisanship (staunch support of the Republican party and particularly President Bush), many citizens of the world must think they speak for a majority of Americans.

I am here to inform the world (since I know I have a huge international readership) that this is not the case. Given the circles in which I usually run, I may be underestimating the number of people that take these crackpots seriously, but I would still posit to the world that the vast majority of Americans are usually either chortling along with me or cringing at the ridiculous crap that flows from the mouths of Pat and Jerry. Hey, maybe they should start an ice cream chain! They would probably be mistaken for Ben and Jerry's often enough to get by...

Seriously, as amusing as those wackos are, most of us would just as soon relocate them to a place without microphones just so we wouldn't have to listen to them anymore.

On a totally unrelated note, today's "Zits" is a rerun of one of my favorites. Enjoy!

Update: Okay, the "Zits" link is already outdated. Hope y'all saw it. I'm gonna leave it up because really it's a daily must-read.

Song lyric of the day:
"I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
Don't need to believe in hereafter
Just believe in me
'Cause Jesus he knows me and he knows I'm right..."
- Genesis, Jesus He Knows Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home