Friday, July 08, 2005

We will never surrender

I desperately want to write about the bombings in London yesterday. I want to have something to say that hasn't been said before, but nothing springs to mind. Every time terrorism strikes, whether it be a car bomb in Baghdad, a slow genocide in Sudan, or a coordinated attack on London's transit system, I am reminded of one universal truth: killing people is not cool.

I do want to say, for the record, that Britain has been a great ally and trustworthy friend to these United States, and that I only hope that we can afford them the same in return.

Bob and Jacob both have far more eloquent things to say about what happened in London yesterday.

So many song lyrics spring to mind today, so I want to give honorable mention to Stroke 9's "Little Black Backpack" ("Your mind is lined with layers of lead / Have you heard one thing that I've said?") before going, perhaps obviously but nonetheless fittingly, with the Clash.

Song lyric of the day:
"London calling to the faraway towns
Now war is declared, and battle come down..."
- the Clash, London Calling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home