Sunday, May 22, 2005

Twirling the baton

As if the Caesar's Bath Meme wasn't enough, now Jacob has passed me the musical baton. I suppose if nothing else, it gives me something to post about while I'm in Virginia.

Total volume of music files on my computer

As I am not currently using my own computer, I can't be certain, but my iPod has about 12 gigs. It's probably more telling that I own about 160 CDs.

The last CD I bought

I'm guessing the answer to this is "Day Two" by Endochine, assuming Aaron completed his mission. The last CD I bought personally was "This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About" by Modest Mouse. It seemed appropriate for my impending road trip.

Song playing right now

"Bleed" by Gone Again (an obscure New York band my roommate Ben introduced me to, sadly now defunct).

Five songs I listen to a lot, or mean a lot to me

It's easier for me to go with songs I play on guitar a lot, so...

"No Excuses" by Alice in Chains - still my favorite song of all time.

"New Slang" by the Shins - Natalie Portman overexaggerated in "Garden State", but still an amazing song.

"3rd Planet" by Modest Mouse - just fun to play.

"Black" by Pearl Jam - I do love singing that bridge.

"Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones - don't ask me why, but I love playing it. Occasionally I throw "Angie" in the middle just for grins.

Five people to whom I'm passing the baton

Just about everyone I know has been taken, so I'll just send it to Aaron and Bob, both of whom should have a field day with it.

Incidentally, soon I will post my full review of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Which, if you have not seen, you must. In the immortal words of Kevin Smith, it was "fucking awesome".

Song lyric of the day:
"What would you be if you could see
That all along it's been hands on
The training's there, but you don't care
And you don't need a cut to bleed
On and on, I'll steer you wrong"
- Gone Again, Bleed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home