Saturday, April 30, 2005

The trouble with attempting to blog daily...

...is that sometimes you get back home for the night already a few beers in, and can't really provide much meaning to what you have to say. After Anna and I finished up our file server (and somehow managed not to kill each other), she took me to her favorite dive Cecil's. It was a pretty uneventful night, other than I won a beer playing darts. I walked up to chat with a friend of mine by the dartboards, and this other guy Andy introduces himself, hands me three darts, and says he'll buy me a drink if I hit a bullseye in three tries. I'm not sure how but somehow I hit the outer cork on the third try -- especially amazing considering I suck at darts. He bought me a beer but he wouldn't let me live it down for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow, it's on to parallel computations and "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Monotony followed by hilarity. Excellent.

Song lyric of the day:
"If you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend
And I think I'll have myself a beer"
- Reel Big Fish, Beer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home