Thursday, April 14, 2005

Meme merde, jour different*

Just when I thought I could get away with never posting again, Jacob passed me this Caesar's Bath Meme deal. What a surprise as I went through my daily web-browsing routine to discover I had been called out. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this practice (a group which included me until about 10 minutes ago), here's the jist of it:

Behold, the Caesar's Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can?t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice."


So, alright then...


  • Anime: From Aaron to Albert, it seems I've always had friends who liked anime. I can occasionally enjoy most of an episode, but I've never been able to be drawn into the plotlines the way a lot of people are.
  • Computer gaming: I'll always be the black sheep in the computer science community because I'm not much of a gamer. I find them interesting sometimes, but I usually lack the dexterity or dedication to really get into them.
  • NBA Basketball: Maybe it's a short man's burden, but I don't really follow basketball the way many do. Passing glances at the standings are enough to keep me sated.
  • "Finding Neverland": So many people have told me how great they thought this movie was. I enjoyed it as a film, and thought Johnny Depp was brilliant as always, but I did not think it was best picture caliber. It wasn't even the best film Kate Winslet was in last year!
  • Beer Bike: Yes, I understand it's a Rice tradition. I can see a certain appeal, but given that most people are all about the beer and not the bike, why can't it just be any other Saturday when everyone gets wasted?


Onward and upward! I pass the meme to Jeff, Collazzi, Bradley, and Meredith, on the off-chance any of them ever actually read this poor excuse for a blog.

Song lyric of the day:
"Do not listen to my song
Don't remember it, don't sing along
Let's pretend it's a work of art
Let's pretend it's not my heart"
- Magnetic Fields, I'm Sorry I Love You

(Today's song lyric is dedicated to Jacob. Because of what he said about Magnetic Fields, not because I'm sorry I love him. I'm not sorry at all.)

* Same shit, different day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home