Thursday, April 28, 2005

Daily blogging recommences, an apology, and Big Brother

An old friend from high school, Bob Amar, has started up his own blog. (His second such attempt, but he made a point to expunge the first from existence, and I don't blame him.) His stated intent in giving it another go is that he wants to force himself to write every day. Which made me think, "Dammit, I should write in mine every day, even if what I write is utter shite." So, henceforth: check back frequently, because I will try to write new posts on a daily or at least semi-daily basis.

I know I've made such claims before, but I'm serious this time. Really.

In other news, many of you might be wondering why I've been out of touch recently. Well, first of all, I've been busy with projects and other non-school related stuff (the year so far has been pretty rough). When I do find the time, in many cases, I often double-click on IM names before closing them, or scroll to names in my cell phone before exiting, saying to myself, "Eh, it'll probably be a bad time". I know in my case it's almost never a bad time to hear from my friends, but somehow it doesn't feel like the reverse is true. Oh well, I'll get over it eventually. Suffice to say, I'm sorry I haven't been the friend I want to be. The song quote for today sums this paragraph up better than I can.

Today, in two separate classes, we talked about computer security. In my Operating Systems class, Dave Johnson gave us a brief history lesson about a worm that managed to infect 10% of computers on the internet back in 1988 (about 6000 computers). The way it did it was interesting in and of itself, but what was also interesting was, two of the three glitches the worm took advantage of still haven't been taken care of. Does this scare anyone else?

I dunno, I love the internet, but sometimes I worry that it's just me willingly letting Big Brother in.

Song lyric of the day:
"I've been one poor correspondent
I've been too too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind"
- America, Sister Golden Hair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home