Saturday, August 14, 2004

Don't Panic!

In the new, serious-minded spirit of this weblog, I feel it is my duty to inform everyone of a new development certain to have a dramatic impact on the world as we know it: "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" movie is coming out in 2005.

The cast features the unknown (to me at least) Martin Freeman as Arthur Dent, Mos Def as Ford Prefect (I'm less skeptical now that I watched "The Italian Job" again), Zooey Deschanel as Tricia "Trillian" McMillan, and, in pure strokes of casting genius, Sam Rockwell as Zaphod Beeblebrox and Warwick Davis (yes, the Leprechaun himself) as Marvin the Paranoid Android.

The movie will also feature John Malkovich as religious leader Humma Kavula, a character created especially for the screen by Douglas Adams. That should be interesting to say the least.

So now, in addition to "Revenge of the Sith", there are two highly-anticipated (by me) movies that are coming out next summer. I know, I'm a geek. But whatever.

Song lyric of the day:
"All of us are done for
We live in a beautiful world
Yeah we do, yeah we do"
-Coldplay, "Don't Panic"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home