Thursday, July 22, 2004

Who would Jesus vote for?

So, laziness regarding this blog set in quick.  I don't really feel like writing up an entire entry on the religious right and how much they suck ass.  Personally, I know a lot of Christians and they are truly awesome people.  It really makes me sad that their Lord and Savior has been (as "The Boondocks" once put it) "hijacked by crazed right-wingers" for political purposes.  A small part of me wants to believe that they actually are evangelical and really have humanity's interests at heart.  But I don't.

Anyway, what I really wanted to do was include a link to this article that Jeff got from Ben.  It pretty much sums it up.

Also, a quote from one of my favorite authors, Tom Robbins, on John Ashcroft: "Ashcroft wants to turn America into a Christianized Iran with himself as Ayatollah."  And I thought he only wrote books about talking bean cans!

Bible verses of the day:
John 3:17: "For God sent not his Son to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
John 11:35: "Jesus wept."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home