Monday, December 15, 2003

Yippee ki yay, Saddam

I awoke this morning to wish my friend Billy a happy 21st birthday over AIM, and was greeted with the following away message: "FUCK YOU SADDAM! WHERE'S YOUR REPUBLICAN GUARD NOW?"

Yes, Saddam Hussein had at long last been captured. It was good news to me and America, but as I watched the crowds celebrating in the streets in Iraq, I was reminded of precisely why we were there in the first place. Forget weapons of mass destruction. We were trying to free an oppressed people. Of course, as Phil Collins sang, "You could say how many have the freedom, but how many more have died?" which is a good point, but I prefer to focus on the good that we as a country try to do. (Wow, I can't believe I just quoted Phil Collins.)

But as Bush pointed out, there is still evil afoot, and it was represented today by the Dallas Cowboys, who ruthlessly slaughtered my Washington Redskins 27-0. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, though far less evil, were still big meanies as they defeated my Houston Texans 16-3. But I just keep reminding myself how much better the draft picks next year will be.

And that's all I have to say about that. Well, not really, but I won't bore you with the rest. Peace.

Song lyric of the day:
"And you never would have thought in the end
How amazing it feels just to live again
Should have said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded, I'd rather waste some time with you"
          -The Used, "Blue and Yellow"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home