Friday, December 05, 2003

William Shatner and other odd anomalies

Interesting past few days... I've been going a little nuts on recording music. Yesterday I recorded a song my former roommate Ben wrote called "My Perfect Plan". It starts out describing how the perfect plan for finding Ms. Right is to sit around waiting for the right woman to come along and never taking action to find her. Then the plan hits a snag. Tough to describe, fun as hell to sing and play. It came out pretty good, but still needs work.

Today I recorded very rudimentary versions of two of my songs. "Rather Just Fly" is a stream-of-consciousness song I wrote about the then-impending graduation and what was to come next. "Torn Apart" features one of my favorite lyrics I've written: "I cannot be together / I'm always torn apart / I'm afraid I'd have the same effect on her heart." That pretty much summarizes the whole song. The former has a pretty nifty lead part, but the latter still needs one.

So it's pretty much been business as usual for me. However, a few things of note today:

1) My friends David and Liz saw William Shatner at Ken's Sushi in Nashville. We can only theorize he's in town recording a new album.

2) Talked to my best friend from high school, Ricky. He painted his face and wore pom poms in his hair for the Virginia Tech basketball game. The mental image is just too hilarious, so I offer it up to those of you who are lucky enough to know him.

3) It snowed in DC today, and I wore shorts here in Houston. Sigh...

Was gonna try and go up to Austin this weekend to hang with Scott and Ames and whoever else, but I really need to sit down and sort out grad school stuff. Plus, I'm low on cash. And I refuse to take Banecker's advice on how to make money. Of course.

Song lyric of the day:
"It's amazing
In the blink of an eye, you finally see the light
It's amazing
When the moment arrives, don't you know you'll be alright"
          -Aerosmith, "Amazing"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home