Monday, December 08, 2003

A Tale of Two Days of Football

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was the age of college, it was the age of professionalism. It was Saturday, it was Sunday. So describes the weekend of football. Saturday was a most glorious day, Sunday brought nought but despair.

Saturday, to recap: nothing but good news. Notre Dame lost, USC beat Oregon State, Oklahoma got trounced by Kansas State, and above all, Navy beat Army. All was right with the world.

Then came Sunday. The only positive outcome was the Redskins victory over the Giants, and even this was negative because Washington should be playing for a better draft pick at this point. The Texans lost, the Titans lost, and the BCS results were released, revealing that, in spite of Oklahoma's horribly pathetic loss, they were advancing to the BCS championship, leaving USC destitute in spite of being #1 in both polls.

I'm devastated beyond belief. I'm not even sure I can continue. I suppose I can take solace in Denver's destruction of Kansas City.

Oh well, I had too many margaritas tonight anyway :-P

Song lyric of the day:
"I asked her what we're gonna do tonight
She said 'Cahuenga Langa-Langa-Shoe Box Soup'
We better keep tryin' till we get it right"
          Traveling Wilburys, "Margarita"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home