Friday, December 12, 2003

Rock concerts for dogs

Well, I had the house all to myself this evening, so naturally, I sat around all day and did nothing. Had I met anybody (and I do mean anybody) between the ages of 18 and 26 in the last three weeks I would have had a get-together, but Houston is essentially destitute of any variety of youth.

I suppose the day wasn't entirely fruitless however. I set up my amplifier in the downstairs living room and played a concert for my 14-year-old basset hound who, luckily for her, is more or less deaf. Then tonight I watched a movie called "Bandits" with Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton, which was a pretty clever farce about two bank robbers who accidentally kidnap a woman and then both fall in love with her.

As of now, I'm chatting with a friend. More accurately, I'm chatting with someone else over a friend's IM who's saying vulgar things in an attempt to shock me. Little does she -- I assume it's a she due to vaginal references -- little does she know that I'm virtually unshockable. Mwa ha ha!

Song lyric of the day:
"And I wonder, when I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again"
          -Foo Fighters, "Everlong"

(The answer remains an incertain yes, but who knows when?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home