Wednesday, December 17, 2003

"Return of the King" tomorrow!

Hooray! Significant progress was made on my novel today. No, the first chapter isn't quite done, but I'm pretty sure the Prologue is where I want it. I've mapped out a lot of what the novel is going to look like, including one chapter that's very likely going to confuse the hell out of a lot of people. But I guess that's the problem when you count Joyce's "Ulysses" among your influences.

This evening, I watched "Lord of the Rings: Two Towers" in preparation for tomorrow, when "Return of the King" hits theaters. Woo hoo! Very exciting times. Anyone who's been around me for the past two weeks knows how much I've been looking forward to this. Of course, "Two Towers" only got me even more pumped up for the movie, not to mention NY Film Critics picked it as their best movie of the year. Hopefully people will remember that I called back in March that "Return of the King" would win the Best Picture Oscar this year, and thus shower with praise and admiration when my prediction comes true.

Otherwise, it's been business as usual. As far as grad school and the future goes, I'm leaning more and more to the side of education, especially since I know math and computer teachers are in extremely short supply. Also, I finished recording the harmony vocals for my song "Rather Just Fly" today (4 vocal tracks! Which really pales in comparison to my friend Bob who recorded 7 for one of his songs, but oh well). My dear former roommate Ben has pointed out this puts Unexpectedly Sober over a full 80-minute CD's worth of material. How much would actually make a decent album, well, that remains to be seen.

Go see "Return of the King" tomorrow, or at least before the weekend is over. That is an order. Peace out y'all.

Song lyric of the day:
"I know you must be upset
I can't find meaning
I'm sorry, we're sorry
We're all scared, all scared"
          -Our Lady Peace, "Is Anybody Home?"

(The song that somehow manages to use the phrase "Nazi breastfeeding"...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home