Tuesday, December 23, 2003

New verbs, epic movies and miracles

My former roommate Joe and I created a new verb tonight. "To ashcroft". I would explain its meaning here, but I'm afraid of getting ashcrofted. :-P

Anyway, needed to get that off my chest. What's been going on the past week? Well, needless to say, "Return of the King" is the best movie of the year. Epic storytelling at its best, a true masterpiece that kept me riveted even though I pretty much knew exactly what was going to happen. And apparently Peter Jackson cut an hour and a half of footage. I can't wait for the extended edition next year (am I a geek or what?).

Went to a Texans game yesterday, and watched the Texans drive down the field with 2 minutes left to take the lead, only to have the Titans steal it back in the final seconds. Which is fine. Really. The Titans need a better playoff spot, and the Texans need a better draft pick. It worked out better for everyone.

Saw "Bruce Almighty" this evening. It was a funny movie that actually had a message too. Morgan Freeman as God may be the greatest casting decision since Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate". Okay, so I exaggerate. Sue me. Still, the whole thing about stop looking for a miracle and be a miracle was good.

Got some more work done on the novel, including a scene I'm particularly proud of when the hero's id and superego do battle inside his head over the morality of eating a slice of pie. People are already pestering me about seeing results. I'm still working on the first chapter, folks! :-) Alas, that's all for now, take care!

Song lyric of the day:
"New meanings to the words I feed upon
Wake within my veins elements of freedom
Can't break now, 'cause I've been living for this
Won't break now, I'm cleansed with hopefulness"
          -Collective Soul, "Precious Declaration"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home